Monday 2 November 2009

The Ultimate Burger - Druids Head, Brighton

Lets kick this off then shall we?

A saturday afternoon on the Brighton Zombie Walk followed by going out clubbing all night and I needed recovery food. There's only one true recovery food, the almighty burger.

We headed to the Druids Head in Brighton and as soon as I saw the monstrosity on the menu I knew it had to be ordered:


The Ultimate Burger

- Beef Burger
- Half a chicken breast
- Bacon
- Cheese
- Salad, chips, onion rings

How can anyone turn down a burger that offers 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEAT?

My burger arrived in a reasonable amount of time. On the plate there was one of the smallest buns I've ever seen encasing a brutal hunk of meat. A fat grey burger topped with a huge mound of chicken and bacon. Salad? Where's the bloody salad? Oh I see, a limp thickly cut slice of tomato and some soggy lettuce underneath the burger patty. I asked for some mayonaise and was presented with a strange bowl of white goo, close enough.

Once the burger had been condimented, I proceeded to take a bite or ten. Hmmm... cheap beef, dry chicken and undercooked bacon. There was a strange flavour I couldn't place during the eatings. Maybe it was smoke flavouring for the bacon? Very off putting. The salad failed and I ditched the tomato. The two onion rings and small selection of chips were not interesting enough to be finished and I left the table underwhelmed.

The ultimate burger? Not this time

ONWARDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment